Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Configuration

Changed License

I just purchased a new license to replace one another developer had bought and we no longer have access to. My client just launched their site on the live domain, I have added that domain to the new license and I have changed the config.php file to reflect the new license. However, it doesn't seem to be working, receiving an error message that states "Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain."

1 - Is there a step I missed? 2 - Is there any way to tell if the license is working or not (that the client updated the config file)?

Preston Ciere

Preston Ciere 0 points

• 3 years ago

To update, our new domain is https://tenxtoronto.com/ ,

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There have been no activations against that key (which I have removed from the forum). So it looks like it has not been updated.

There have been activations against tenx.rain-digital.com, with a Perch 2 key today.

I apologise for being a pain, but I'm picking this project up from another developer and do not have any experience with Perch. I can't find documentation on the site and searches for "activate license" returns no results. Are there some instructions I could find on how to activate the new license? We can't access the Perch back-end because of the error being displayed.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The license needs to be in the config file of the site.

Preston,

Your license should info should be in /perch/config/config.php and your config should contain the following (example shown, your actual file may differ)

<?php
    define('PERCH_LICENSE_KEY', 'YOUR_REALLY_LONG_PERCH_LICENSE_KEY');

define("PERCH_DB_USERNAME", '__USERNAME__');
    define("PERCH_DB_PASSWORD", '__PASSWORD__');
    define("PERCH_DB_SERVER", "localhost");
    define("PERCH_DB_DATABASE", "__DB_NAME__");
    define("PERCH_DB_PREFIX", "perch3_");

define('PERCH_TZ', 'UTC');

define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM', 'you@your_domain_dot_com');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME', 'John Doe');

define('PERCH_LOGINPATH', '/perch');
    define('PERCH_PATH', str_replace(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'config', '', __DIR__));
    define('PERCH_CORE', PERCH_PATH.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'core');

define('PERCH_RESFILEPATH', PERCH_PATH . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'resources');
    define('PERCH_RESPATH', PERCH_LOGINPATH . '/resources');

define('PERCH_HTML5', true);

Once you have updated this and also logged into your account @ https://grabaperch.com/account and set the live domain.. you should be able to login to your installed Perch Enabled Site

Awesome. Thanks for confirming all this. I'll send it back to the client to ensure this has been completed as expect.