Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Simple product entries with multiple images.(General Inquiry)

Sorry for the long-ish question. I'm about to hit the purchase button for Perch and just need some clarification, before I do so.

My client is selling heavy used machinery. There are 8 categories.

Each category will have a page of thumbnails with short descriptions underneath the image.

Clicking on the thumbnail/link will take you to a product page with approx 5 images in a carousel, with a detailed description/tech specs underneath.

Basically it's a portfolio of sorts, rather than a shopping cart.

I'm thinking that for each product entry there will be the following:

Title/Heading

Short Description

Long Description

A sale/promotional checkbox

And 5 images which will be utilised in the carousel and the first image will also be used for a thumbnail.

I want to keep it as simple as possible for my client. These products entries will ideally serve the homepage (promotional items), the individual category pages (thumbs, short descriptions) and the individual products pages(carousel, long description etc).

Is this going to be do-able with Perch? Can I keep the product entry form that simple?

I'm not looking for a formula at this point, I just want to know if it's do-able.

Thanks

Russell.

Russell Gooday

Russell Gooday 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That sounds completely doable with Perch, no need to add Shop if you are not selling these things online.

If there are going to be a reasonable number of products I'd suggest using Runway rather than regular Perch as the Collections feature (and easier routing) will make your life easier, especially if you want to start relating any of these items.

Thank you for you prompt reply Rachel, that's great news. I don't think he has a huge collection at this point, but I will bare Runway in mind.