Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Accidentally changed the perch password

Drew/Rachel

I think I accidentally changed the perch password so I now can't log on to the perch admin.

I was trying to set up email. I'm using a front controller (laravel) that has a default setting of smtp.

I changed this in the config, and in perch admin clicked on the reset password dialog. It told me that a new password had been sent but as, I think, the email wasn't working, I never received the new password.

Now I can't logon. Is there a way I can reset my password without logging into perch? If not what do I do. If I have to reinstall do I lose my templates and settings?

I have debug turned on and this is what I get:

DIAGNOSTICS:
 Activating via CURL
 {"result":"SUCCESS","latest_version":"2.5.3","on_sale_version":"2.7.2"}
 DELETE FROM perch2_settings WHERE settingID='latest_version' AND userID=0 LIMIT 1
 INSERT INTO perch2_settings(settingID,settingValue,userID) VALUES('latest_version','2.5.3',0)
 DELETE FROM perch2_settings WHERE settingID='on_sale_version' AND userID=0 LIMIT 1
 INSERT INTO perch2_settings(settingID,settingValue,userID) VALUES('on_sale_version','2.7.2',0)
 stdClass Object

(

[result] => SUCCESS

[latest_version] => 2.5.3

[on_sale_version] => 2.7.2

)

Activation: success
 SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r
 WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled='1' AND userUsername='martinrowe' LIMIT 1
 User exists, checking password.
 Stronger password hash.
 Password failed to match.
 SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
 Looking up missing property roleMasterAdmin
 Queries: 10

I commented out my setting in config.php for smtp in the hope that that would work - no luck.

Is there an easy solution?

thanks Martin Rowe

Martin Rowe

Martin Rowe 1 points

• 7 years ago

Martin. Are you comfortable in phpmysql? I can send you a new "known" password to get you back in business.

UPDATE: Martin, if you replace the Password for Admin with $P$BlkI9N23JEDenPLYgGCmp/iRx5CyjY1 then your new password will be password. Then you can login and change it to a new password.

Please let me know if you apply my fix, and give me kudos by marking this reply as the solution.

RK

Robert

That did it

Many Thanks Martin Rowe

Found this and it helped me out of a tough spot. Thanks, Robert Ketter!