Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Docs

Missing Navigation Tutorials

Good Morning fellow perchers!

I would first like to say the CMS is amazing and so easy to use!

I am having a hard time working out the navigation and all the tidy tricks you can achieve, i have yet to find one video that is dedicated to navigation. I notice on your demo page you only touch on the very simple editing of Perch.

I know you have the docs page with all the tags but no videos :(

Have i missed the video to the navigation?

Kind Regards

Alec Sharples

Alec Sharples 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The documentation for Navigation is here. https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/navigation/

We don't have any Navigation videos, they would be very specific if we did by the nature of navigation so if you are having issues the best thing to do would be to post the HTML you need to create so we can help you.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my message. Stand by for a further support request :)

Regards

You can say the same the for Perch regarding it being specific in nature but you have done an amazing job with the tutorials.

I would like to add by creating a most used and basic main navigation and simple dropdowns tutorial you would be able to see the logic behind how the navigation works. I am dyslexic and i learn more from a visual approach ( Videos) than reading, and if i don't get it within the few hours i have to look for an alternative method.

Just an idea, i know the navigation won't work for all scenarios but at least we will get an understanding.

Thanks again Rachel for your time :)

Regards

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm not sure what you're asking for, I'm afraid.