Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Discussion

Unpublish region

Recently I had to create a checkbox in Perch so that a client could "unpublish" a region while retaining its information for later use. This is something that comes standard in Wordpress for pages. I think it would be a great addition to standard Perch functionality, in addition to the "Save as Draft" functionality, there could be an unpublish button that, when clicked, changes the region to a draft.

Shane Lenzen

Shane Lenzen 18 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Did you encounter any problems adding the checkbox?

The idea behind the flexibility of Perch templates is that you don't need us to provide every single feature - you can implement what you need on a per-site basis.

Drew, I totally agree! It wasn't difficult at all. The amazing flexibility of Perch is why I love it so much and use it so often :) Just thought I'd toss the idea in the suggestions forum here. I can think of several scenarios where I wouldn't want a client to be able to unpublish a region, for design reasons. But if it were in the region options maybe, and tied in with the draft functionality, that might be cool.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, thanks.

I looked at this and first thought "drew's absolutely right". But then again it occurred to me that a "hidden" flag on each and every item and every query in the api can be a very handy thing. E.g. when it comes to search or relations. Items that have hidden="1" are simply never output - nowhere.