Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Runway

Too many redirects

I am having an issue with my development server. When I log in to Perch the login screen shows but as soon as I'm in I get the error "Failed to open page - Too many redirects occurred when trying to open https://dev.DOMAIN.org.uk/perch/core/apps/content/"

Seems like it's trying with and without the trailing slash and they are redirecting to eachother.

I'm on Perch Runway 2.8.31 - I was trying to update to 2.8.32, but the update screen also had the "too many redirects" issue. I reverted back to the "core" folder from 2.8.31 and this happened.

The front end of the site works fine.

My live and local installations are working fine. I've recently done a server migration, so I can't be sure it was working before, but it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

I can't post a diagnostic report as I can't log in I'm afraid.

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This doesn't sound like a Runway issue - you should probably speak to your system administrator.

Thanks, Drew.

My hosting support suggested I tried adding "index.php" to the end of the url.

If I add "index.php" to the end of the URL, it works (until I click another link in the CMS). Does that give any clue? Is it a htaccess/mod_rewrite issue?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It sounds like a mod_rewrite issue. Have you excluded your /perch folder from the rewrite rules?

Thanks, Drew. In my install, there was a .htaccess file in the perch folder itself. Is this normal? Taking it out fixed the issue. Don't know if it was inadvertently added during a migration. It's working now anyway. Thanks for the help.