Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Perch page functions

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to access the page functions (i.e. perch_categories(), perch_collection() ) from admin.php inside my app.

Inside my admin.php i have:

$API->on('region.index', function(PerchSystemEvent $Event){

});

When the event fires, I am running a function which creates json files. This function includes some perch page functions to create the output. It seems that there is a problem and this will not work.

Is there a way to overcome this? My only other thought for now is to create a scheduled task for this but the preferred solution would be when the event fires.

Thank you

Spyros Perris

Spyros Perris 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

As the name suggests, page functions are for use on your pages - they're not available within the control panel environment.

They do all pretty much just proxy though to something that is available though.

What do you need to do?

What I am doing with the perch_categories() for example is that I am passing the catID to retrieve the catTitle.

Unfortunately I don't really understand your suggestion about what is available. Could you please explain what do you mean by this?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can do something like this:

$Categories = new PerchCategories_Categories();
$result = $Categories->get_custom([
    'set' => false,
    'skip-template' => true,
     'template' => 'category.html',
]);

This worked just fine. I followed your example to do the same with PerchContent_Runway() and then get_collection(). Thank you very much for your help!