Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Members

Members app logs me out

Hello, I have an existing website which has been working fine for at least six months. However when I sign in to Perch, which by and large is also fine, if I click on the 'members' app, I'm signed out and presented with the sign in screen. I'm then unable to log back in unless i retype 'website/perch' back in manually and then the same thing happens over again.

As mentioned nothing has changed with the website. The only thing i can think of is that there might have been some sort of server upgrade to php or the like which has exposed a problem.

Is there anything obvious that comes to mind? Selected diagnostics below.

Cheers - Mark

Perch: 2.3
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.3), perch_gallery (2.8.2), perch_events (1.7.1), perch_members (1.0.3), perch_blog (3.8.1)
DB driver: PDO

PHP: 5.4.34
Zend: 2.4.0
mark buckley

mark buckley 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is there anything in your server's PHP error log?

It sounds like something to do with the hosting environment if it has been working fine up until now.

There's nothing in the error log. When I'm kicked out of Perch, I'm left at the sign-in page but in the browser window it says:

https://www.trpg.org.uk/perch/?r=%2Fperch%2Faddons%2Fapps%2Fperch_members%2F

and I can't sign in unless I change it to: https://www.trpg.org.uk/perch

Does that make any sense or help at all?

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So are you being kicked out of both the Perch control panel and the members pages on your site?

If so, that sounds like a PHP session configuration problem, such as a full temp folder or a missing session save path.

Hi Drew

No, the site is fine, it's just the Perch control panel and only when i click on the members app.

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ah! Ok, things are getting clearer.

I can't think of anything in the Members app that would do that - only if you were hitting a PHP error of some kind. Is your PHP log completely empty, or just empty of anything relevant?

Excellent question! I blindly followed my service provider's advice on where to find the error log and only looked in the root directory. When i look in the website in question's folder I get the following (no idea what it all means though):

[21-Oct-2013 13:37:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[21-Oct-2013 13:39:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[21-Oct-2013 13:40:11 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm not familiar with the exact cause of those either. Do the timestamps correspond to the times when you've been logged out?

They're around the time i first set up the directory. I think they're probably red herrings.

Completely stumped here!

Cheers - Mark

I can give you a log in so you can take a look. Everything else seems fine, it's only when i click on the members app

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sure - email it through to hello@grabaperch.com