Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Installing Perch on Live server - Login Error

I installed Perch on Live Server after implementing on test server.

I'm not sure about the login username and password I entered, I got confused.

And now I cannot login, because I have the following error "Sorry, those details are incorrect. Please try again."

What can I do?

Liane Rabbath

Liane Rabbath 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you want to reinstall, drop the database tables that Perch has created and run setup again.

Normally if you've already build your site in a test environment then you wouldn't install on the live server. Instead just transfer the site you've already built.

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/how-do-i-move-a-perch-site

Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Another potential issue we've experience in the past is that if you're forwarding a site via CNAME or potentially an A record, you'll need to set the licence to the domain the site is actually hosted on.

I transferred the perch folders to the live server folders and the database is the same as I was testing on a subdomain of the live server. The live server is working well with the perch files but I cannot log with my username to change anything.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There is a link to reset your password, use that to reset your password and log in.

OK I made a backup of the database, then I deleted it, recreated the database and the user. Then I reinstalled Perch and now I can login again.

I had to restore the database to have my data back. But the user was still the same as the test environment, so I changed it in the database and now it works.

Thanks for your help