Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Server error when accessing blog as editor

I have an issue accessing the blog management section when logged in as an editor role. I can access and edit the blog fine as the admin but not as an editor. I've checked the role privileges and all is set up to allow access to the blog. When navigating to the blog section in perch I just get a server error 500. I have the latest version of perch and have just updated to the latest blog version. Any ideas?

Rob Saunders

Rob Saunders 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What is in your error log? A Server Error is essentially an error notification, the PHP log will tell you the actual error.

If seeing it doesn't help, please post it here along with your Diagnostics Report..

Here is the error log. Its weird as the runtime.php is definately there and it works fine as an admin user...

[10-Nov-2015 14:51:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2015 14:51:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2015 14:51:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2015 14:51:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_blog_post_field() in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/templates/layouts/global.head.php on line 11
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:53 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:53 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:53 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_blog_post_field() in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/templates/layouts/global.head.php on line 11
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 21
[18-Nov-2015 04:43:58 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_blog_post_field() in /home/floating/public_html/drakes/admin/templates/layouts/global.head.php on line 11
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You appear to have two problems. The issue when logged in as an editor should be fixed in the next update.

The errors in your log are relating to a missing perch_blog/runtime.php file. Can you verify it's there?

Yep its definitely there.

I've tried this on my development platform as well, using MAMP locally, and get a different error if its any help:

Fatal error: Class 'PerchCategories_Sets' not found in /Users/Rob/Sites/drakes-hotel/build/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/modes/update.pre.php on line 105

What can I do in the meantime other than give the client admin access so they can edit the blog? Or is that the only option?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The PerchCategories_Sets error will be fixed.

Are you seeing problems on your pages loading blog posts? Do you get new errors about undefined functions as you browse your site?

No browsing the site is working fine with no errors. Logging in as admin and editing works as normal.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, great. 2.8.16 should sort this out for you then.

Great thanks. Is that available soon?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I think we'll probably ship that today.