Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway

Runway undo buffer

Hi,

Further to the discussion I have been having with Drew regarding some database issues. I am wondering whether it is possible to reduce the number of revisions generated in the collection_index table.

Is this controlled by PERCH_UNDO_BUFFER ?

Many thanks

Lee Goodman

Lee Goodman 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, that's right. You can set it as low as 1 I believe.

Great thanks Drew

Hi Drew,

I've deleted an existing collection and created a new one in an attempt to try and clean up the collection_index table.

The config file is currently set as define('PERCH_UNDO_BUFFER', 1);

I've added a collection item and saved a few times to test, but I've noticed the collection_index already shows an itemRev value of 4 and we are up to 104 rows for the one collection item.

I noticed on another forum post you mentioned to someone they could use a no index attribute on the template fields. Apart from stating the obvious (presumably stop these specific fields from having key / value pairs stored as a row in the table?) - what will this do? I can't seem to find any documentation on it.

Will the content still be searchable on these fields?

Thanks

Lee

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The revision number will increase with each revision, but older revisions won't be retained.

The no-index attribute prevents an item being indexed, but then if it's not in the index you can't filter or sort the content by its value.