Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Update notifications?

I have just built my first site in Perch 3.0.10. I've recently found out there is now a perch update (3.0.11) that came out I-don't-know-when.

Is there some way to get notified about updates? I have ticked all the boxes for email notifications, but I didn't hear anything about this update.

Alan Coggins

Alan Coggins 0 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Not sure whether Perch sends emails about updates. What I normally do is check for updates from the control panel Settings > Diagnostics before launch or making updates live. Under the Basic tab it tells you whether you're running the latest version of Perch and under the Add-ons tab it tells you if any of your installed official apps are up to date.

And in general I'll hear about updates from Perch's News blog which I added to my RSS reader, and from Twitter.

Another option is to turn on notifications for Perch accounts on Twitter or Facebook as they share the posts from the News blog.

Thanks Hussein. I think the News blog will be the most useful source of update information. I have set up a visualping.io alert to let me know whenever this page gets new content. Cheers.