Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Runway

Runway Collections - can't save/start a collection

Again with the Jewelry site. I've purchased a Runway license and have been following the upgrade literature in the docs. I'm looking to import my "Rings" region content into a Collection. In the admin panel I've navigated collections > add collection I enter "Rings" as "Collection Key" and choose my rings template. When I click "save" nothing happens. I tried renaming the collection something else just in case, and still nothing.

Also I wanted to ask about the config.php line:

define('SITE_PATH', '/server/path/to/your/site');

Must this be an absolute path?... in my local environment:

define('SITE_PATH', '/Users/nicholasnelson/Dev_Projects/goldn-treasures/gnt-runway/');

And what about trailing slashes... the folder "gnt-runway" is my local document root. should I have a trailing slash after it in the config line?

Nicholas Nelson

Nicholas Nelson 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, it should be an absolute path, no trailing slash.

When you say nothing happens, what happens? Something must occur!

Ok, I deleted that trailing slash and tried again. Same out come.

I'll try to explain: I click "save" and the button gets a blue outline like it is active, which makes sense. This lasts under a second and the the browser seems to refresh. I get a quick "working" icon where the tab favicon would otherwise be. When that finishes (almost immediate) the text I entered for "Collection Key" and the template I picked are still present.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok great. Can you turn on debug and let me know what it outputs at that stage?

SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled='1' AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='0521be0f5f354ed1e7a78f8617af14c5' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='489750dc6bb303d365d835b23602d669' WHERE userID=1
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT collectionID, collectionKey FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC
Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'gntrunway.perch2_collections' doesn't exist
INSERT INTO perch2_collections(collectionKey,collectionTemplate) VALUES('Rings','rings.html')
Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'gntrunway.perch2_collections' doesn't exist
Queries: 5
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, great - it looks like you've not got the Runway database tables, which suggests the update hasn't run for some reason. Could you try re-running the update?

/perch/core/update/?force=update

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I didn't experience the kind of update that the docs mentioned, but since the site worked I didn't think much of it. That seemed to do the trick as far as I can tell!

btw I have a really dumb question/clarification on the .htaccess file that I will make a new thread for.

Thanks again