Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Invalid license key

Hi there,

I'm getting a 'Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain' for a particular website. The licence key is correct in my config file and the site is listed in my Perch account. It's a Runway dev license for a front-end meetup I run locally, so I think it qualifies for the upgrade (we're certainly not making any money from it!).

Do you know what it might be I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Martin.

Martin Underhill

Martin Underhill 5 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Your server is reporting as frontendne.beckham.ioi, but you don't have that configured as a domain.

The error message should provide that information - does it say something different?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ah, I think you must have 'hide branding' enabled, which then doesn't show you the extended message about how to configure the domain in your Perch account.

You're coming through as frontendne.beckham.ioi - so add that to your account and it should be fine.

Cool. I'll give it a shot when I'm back in the office. Do you think that will fix the local domain too?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If it doesn't give us a shout and we'll see how it's coming through.

Or turn off the hide branding option for a moment and try again.

Wow – super weird. Adding frontendne.beckham.ioi as a staging server makes both the live and local domains' license keys work… Sam, who's server the live site is now on, owns beckham.io, but he's not sure what .ioi would be. Do you have any clues? Nothing in the config file that references the server. DNS funkiness maybe?

Or could it be something a previous typo being cached your account system? Probably not. So odd! :P

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'd imagine it's something in the server config somewhere. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Yeah probably the server config. Pesky servers!

Thanks for the pointers :D