Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway, Backup

Perch Runway Backup

Hi

I've found that pressing backup in the Perch admin only ever creates a backup of the database, despite database and assets being selected.

I've configured Backup to work with Dropbox. I've not managed to get the cron job script working (the cron job script is something I need to figure out with my hosting provider).

It seems like the assets backup only works if a cron job is setup - is that correct?

Stephen Meehan

Stephen Meehan 4 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you click the 'Backup now' button, that forces a database backup first. The db always takes priority as it's harder to replace than assets.

Also, we don't backup assets all in one go - it happens in batches of 10 until they're all done. So those wouldn't make sense to backup with a click.

If you're having problems with the cron script, let us know. It may be something we've seen before.

Hi Drew

I suspected there was a issue with user permissions on the server, after some great customer support from my hosting provider I got it setup.

I am experiencing some other problems related to the resources backing up, I'll create a new forum post about that.