Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Can't remove a gallery image

I have a school website which is about to go live and teachers are already uploading to the gallery. After a batch upload, a few of the images show empty thumbnails on the album page as they have not uploaded correctly. Not a problem if they could re-upload them, but I can't seem to remove the traces of the old ones as they ar enot showing up in the backend, only an the front end pages as missing images. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you testing for the image before displaying it?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

What do you mean? Sorry!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me your template?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

OK so I've corrected by image file above but I don't think that's the issue. (removed the first id="gallerythumbimage" as not needed here and wasn't closed properly).

The 3 images causing the problem were all quite large (7mb jpg). So I deleted the album and created a new one by re-uploaded the reduced sized images. I have had the problem the same before where if an image uploaded fails, it creates sometimes creates empty thumbnail on the front end but there is nowhere to delete that image in the Gallery App.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What limits do you have in place for file upload size and available memory?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M

Not sure what uncompressed file size was. I have had problems with similar sized compressed jpegs on other platforms which when viewed uncompressed in photoshop are over 100mb. Possibly an issue but not a problem for now. For now I will recommend not uploading such hi-res files.