Forum

Introducing Pipits for Perch

Hello,

I have recently launched Pipits for Perch, a collection of Perch add-ons, aiming to help developers build feature-rich Perch websites faster. You can find out more here. There's also a blog on working with Perch.

As for add-ons, currently there's Catalog app, Sharing app (with optional Tweet Preview plugin for editors) and Pinion feather.

I hope the add-ons and blog posts be of help to other developers!

Twitter - GitHub

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Looks good!

Brilliant stuff. I’ll be trying catalog(ue) asap. Thanks for sharing.

Jon

Great stuff!

Hussein Al Hammad

Registered Developer

catalog(ue)

I honestly don't know why I used the US spelling (I lived in Australia for 7 years!). It probably was faster to use pipit_catalog when writing code. I can certainly edit the text that appears on the control panel if it's going to annoy you/your clients.

Thanks for sharing. One observation ... your ABOUT page has the text 'Feel free to reach out to me at contact@grabaperch.com.' and should be 'Feel free to reach out to me at contact@grabapipit.com.'. The link is actually correct.

Hussein Al Hammad

Registered Developer

Oops! Force of habit I guess. Fixed it.

Thanks for letting me know, Graham!

Only kidding. It’s your product so you name it however you want!

Jon

Hussein Al Hammad said:

catalog(ue)

I honestly don't know why I used the US spelling (I lived in Australia for 7 years!). It probably was faster to use pipit_catalog when writing code. I can certainly edit the text that appears on the control panel if it's going to annoy you/your clients.

Great work Hussein! Looks great! Thanks for sharing this, some useful info in there.

Three thumbs up... well two thumbs and a toe...lol

Great work and a flawless use of the API... I only wish I coded that well...

Hussein, drop me an email if you don't mind... robert@ketter.us :)

Fantastic work Hussein!

I lived in Australia for 7 years

I won't hold that against you... (I'm an Australian).

I look forward to exploring your site and trying things out. But I did notice this in your first news item...

we refer to our add-ons as ‘Pipits’ (as supposed to “third-party Perch add-ons by Pipits for Perch”).

Sorry, I'm a writer so always unconsciously proof-reading... "as opposed" perhaps?

Hussein Al Hammad

Registered Developer

"as opposed" perhaps?

Haha this makes sense!! I had been incorrectly using "as supposed to" for years and no one told me ^^!

Fixed it. Thanks, Alan.

Great stuff Hussein!