Forum

Thread tagged as: Configuration, Blog, Comments

Comment notification

I'm not receiving notifications in my email from comment postings. Where could their be an issue?

Raine Arzola

Raine Arzola 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you tried the test under Settings?

I just got an error:

The original message was received at Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:01:07 -0700 from localhost [-----]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- ---@---.com (reason: 550 sid:PX171p00G2Urv6k01:Message rejected for restricted from domain)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net:

MAIL From:---@---.com SIZE=3347 <<< 550 sid:PX171p00G2Urv6k01:Message rejected for restricted from domain 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Final-Recipient: RFC822; ---@----.com Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 sid:PX171p00G2Urv6k01:Message rejected for restricted from domain Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:01:07 -0700

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You'll need to rectify that with your host else email won't get through.

Where can I find detailed information on how to handle these particular setting in regards to the email notifications. Because the test gives me this error, and when emailed it isn't going anywhere. So, there is something not correct in the set up of this and I need to fix. There isn't anything wrong on my email server, checked that.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Your mail server is rejecting the message with the error:

Message rejected for restricted from domain

I'm not a mail server administrator, so I'm not exactly sure what that means in this case. My only hunch is that the address you're sending from (in your config.php file) is not a valid outgoing address for the server. But that's a guess.

Do you have an gmail address you can use and re-run the email test in perch settings.

I ask this because it looks like perch is sending email, but the receiving server is rejecting the email. Possibly because your sent from address is different then the actual mail service. I believe perch uses sendmail which is part of PHP not your email server.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Looks like Drew is thinking the same as I on this issue.

Okay, now things are really messed up. I went to the config.php file and address the email based on the notes here and the documentation on the Perch's website now my blog is completely down:

Warning: include(PERCH_CORE/runtime/loader.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PERCH_CORE/runtime/loader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 14

Warning: include(PERCH_CORE/inc/apps.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PERCH_CORE/inc/apps.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 15

Warning: include(PERCH_PATH/core/inc/forms.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 16

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PERCH_PATH/core/inc/forms.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/perch/core/runtime/runtime.php on line 16

Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_get_css() in /home/content/l/a/r/larry5/html/blog/index.php on line 16

I had to put in my license number in again to get it back up. I'm back up now, but for some reason when I tried to put those settings in config.php it pulled me down. I deleted it and then was at least able to do the license again. But, I'm still at the same point not getting my emails.

Can you answer me this? Aren't I supposed to put this info from this page https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/email/ in the config.php file? As it presently stands my config.php file is blank.

Thanks

Your config.php file is completely empty??? Or are you saying it doesn't have the email settings listed on the referenced page?

It is literally empty.

Are you sure your looking at the correct config.php. If the actual configure file were empty then perch would fail to run at all since all the path info is contained in this file. The config is at /perch/config/config.php.

Correct. I just set it up for the blog and nothing else. The blog is up and running for the most part. Am I missing a step?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Login into Perch. Go to Settings and paste the Diagnostic Report from inside Settings here.