Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Runway
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok. Can you get the hosting company to tell us in what way the server is restricted?

Hi

After a lot of trial and error I have found this error.

Have you seen this before and do you know how to stop it using all the memory

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated519569408) (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/dada1515/public_html/perch/core/lib/Perch.class.php on line 16

Regards

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have debug turned on? If so, turn it off and try again.

Hi No its not turned on

i have also found this when trying to run the extended report in perch more out of memory errors.

Viewing Diagnostic Information Diagnostics report Perch information

Perch: 2.7.10
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), perch_blog (4.5.2), categories (2.7.10), collection_2 (2.7.10), collection_4 (2.7.10), perch_forms (1.8.2), collection_5 (2.7.10), perch_gallery (2.8.5), collection_6 (2.7.10), collection_7 (2.7.10), perch_backup (1.2), perch_twitter (3.3.1)
DB driver: MySQLi
DB tables: perch2_backup_plans, perch2_backup_resources, perch2_backup_runs, perch2_blog_authors, perch2_blog_comments, perch2_blog_index, perch2_blog_posts, perch2_blog_posts_to_tags, perch2_blog_sections, perch2_blog_tags, perch2_categories, perch2_category_counts, perch2_category_sets, perch2_collection_index, perch2_collection_items, perch2_collection_revisions, perch2_collections, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_forms, perch2_forms_responses, perch2_gallery_albums, perch2_gallery_image_versions, perch2_gallery_images, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_routes, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_scheduled_tasks, perch2_settings, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 2
App runtimes:

<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'categories',
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_gallery',
        'perch_forms',

);

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 518520832) (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/dada1515/public_html/perch/core/lib/Perch.class.php on line 16

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's nothing on that page that should be using anywhere near 500MB of memory.

I see you've got lots of additional unofficial apps installed. Can you disable those and try again?

Hi

What makes you say I have unofficial apps, I have not installed any other than blog, gallery and forms.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You have the following installed:

collection_2
collection_4
collection_5
collection_6
collection_7

Those are not part of Perch, they're not official apps, and they're not named correctly as third party apps.

I don't know what they are, I have not installed any third party apps. Where would I delete them

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's in perch/addons/apps ?

backup forms twitter gallery dropbox blog s3 openstack varnish

nothing else, looks like the perch collections have gone haywire.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you replace your perch/core folder with a freshly downloaded one?

Hi

I have done that, has made no difference. So without making a complete new site and re adding all of the data it appears that the backup will never work.

Is there a way to delete those collections

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Those aren't collections - they're apps called 'collection_x'. That's no something that exists in Perch as standard.

Your problems don't appear to be related to backup but to memory.

Does it work in your dev environment?

I have recreated the site from scratch, it is now working but will not back up the database. It is backing up the assets but not the database. It did the first time but I have made many changes and it has not backed these up.

Is there any Reason this is happening.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What schedule have you set for database backups in the backup plan?

i have 2 one for just the database schedueled every 4 hours and one for database and assets every 6 hours

the assets are trickling down but no database backup for 3 days, there are some entries that say nothing to do. one that says in progress.

any help would be appreciated

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you click the Backup now button, what happens?

i get this when creating a new backup plan

Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on null in /var/www/clan/perch/core/runway/settings/modes/backup.plans.edit.pre.php on line 70

any idea what this is?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, but I'll certainly take a look.

Hi Drew

It was a perch 2 upgrade and there were no backup database tables created during the upgrade, also there are no collection tables. have you seen this before, the database is about 60 meg

I have added the tables and all is fine. I am not sure why they were not created.

Regards,

Brett