Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Dashboard links to apps

I'm wondering if it's possible to make the titles of the sections on the dashboard links to the apps. The links to add a new item are great, but it'd be nice to be able to get right to the main page of the, for example when you want to see an older blog post. A link to "see all" could also work.

Darryl Hein

Darryl Hein 0 points

• 3 years ago

If you use Runway, this is available in the Menu Manager, but in Perch, this is not available and I highly doubt this will be changed as it’s a “Highlight” feature of Runway. You could of course create a minified app with a dashboard and add this functionality to the Perch Dashboard.

Thanks for the reply Robert, but I don't think I explained myself clearly. I'm referring to the right side of the dashboard (on a large screen), not the left menu. For example, if you have Page and Blog, they have an Add page and Add blog buttons to the right of headers. But, it'd be nice to make the headers links to that app (same place the menu link goes to) and/or or have a "see all" type link somewhere (top/bottom/etc).

I realized this the other day when I went to click on it and of course it did nothing.

(I'm using Runway this particular site. Editing the menu is nice, but not what I'm thinking.)

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Darryl,

Just so we are all on the same page: you are talking about the dashboard widgets not the app pages, right?

I agree. It would be nice to have the title of an app (on its dashboard widget) as a link to its main page.