Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Error, Runway

Perch Runway Upgrade - error?

Hi

I've upgraded from Perch to Perch Runway and I can't create collections. It looks like the update didn't fully work.

When I first visited the Perch login screen /perch it was showing the Perch Runway logo, when I logged into the CMS it already looked like Perch Runway.

I followed the instructions here

bq. Perch will do the usual version update you should be familiar with and should tell you it has successfully updated.

I didn't see any messages telling me the upgrade had happened.

I've turned on debug and it says there's a missing table:

Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'project-name_.perch2_collections' doesn't exist

Debug Message
        SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND             u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='09330b05d09697f63aef4cc781c2bbf6' LIMIT 1
        UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='7d6589a1e796dfe710064c36fe358136' WHERE userID=1
        SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
        SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0             ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
        SELECT collectionID, collectionKey FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC
        Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'project-name_.perch2_collections' doesn't exist
        SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT * FROM perch2_collections ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC LIMIT 0, 24
        SELECT FOUND_ROWS() AS `count`
        Queries: 6
Stephen Meehan

Stephen Meehan 4 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Did you go between the same version? If so, you may need to run the update:

/perch/core/update/?force=update

That did the trick (thanks for the swift response). I was sure it was the latest version of Perch...