Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, Blog

Blog Categories not showing until post is re-saved

I am redesigning an existing site and I have a problem where the blog categories are not showing in blog archive pages, or in the perch admin sort by category option of the posts. If I go into a blog post and click save the post then shows up and that category then appears with the single post in the archive page. I have over a 100 posts so I do not want to have to do this for every post if it can be avoided. I am using the latest version of perch and apps along with the default blog templates. Is there a way of getting the categories to regenerate without having to save each post again?

Greg Riley

Greg Riley 1 points

• 6 years ago

Greg. Have you tried the re-publish button in perch to handle re-saving the blog posts? The blog posts are saved when created or edited, not at runtime so the behavior you are seeing is normal.I believe the republish button would be your best bet.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Republish won't help here.

Could you try running the Blog update:

/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/update/

Drew, right after I gave that piece of advice I realized it probably does not work with adding apps. Sorry for any confusion. :-(

Thanks Drew that worked a treat. Thanks also to Robert for your answer.

Drew. Just for the sake of knowledge can you answer this question:

Does running the update script of official perch apps republish the content of that app? I am guessing at least in the blog app this is what's happening, and that's why it corrected this problem...??

Thanks.