Forum

General Data Protection Regulation - 2018

I recently attended a presentation about the upcoming enforement of the GDPR in May 2018. The regulation that is most relevent to us as web designer & developers under the Umbrella of the GDPR is the PECR. Here is a link to the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/

My question for you guys at Perch is: Is there any add-on in the pipeline for us to be able to create this kind of pop-up in Perch to help to make our websites compliant to the GDPR?

It will need to have a button or link ( see the example image below ) for not only click on the X to agree but also for the visitor to accessing a 'cookie policy' document, which as well as explaining what cookies are it should also also list all cookies used on the website and explain what each one does and why, as well as being able to access other documents like privacy policy to a Perch CMS?

Example popup

GDPR will be enforsed by law May 25th 2018, so all website need to be compliant, it's going to be a difficult and complicated job for any business to handle. so I would like to start implement something for my clients website 'before' the law actually kicks in, and avoid the panic.

Julie Harding

Julie Harding 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We don't do anything with the front-end of your site so this is something you can implement as you see fit.