Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Login error

Hiya

I seem to have developed a problem with the login on one of my sites. Basically I’m suddenly unable to login to the perch admin? It just loops?

The site is live and functioning correctly and I’m still able to access the FTP and database, it’s just the interface will not allow me access to make changes?

Unfortunately I'm unable to supply a diagnostics report as this is contained within the area I cannot access. The page is here https://castlemallnorwich.co.uk/cms/ I can supply login details but it would have to be via a secure route.

Has anyone encountered this themselves? Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Dave

Now Media

Now Media 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What's changed between when you could last log in and now?

I've just checked and apparently the perch was updated yesterday, there was an error message that flashed up regarding the database that I wasn't told about and wasn't noted down gggrrrrrr. I'm not a happy bunny.

Do you know of a way I can debug the database (it's hosted remotely) or find out what the error was?

Funnily enough if you login with an incorrect password it tells you that it's incorrect, it just doesn't log you in when you are correct.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It sounds like maybe you're getting logged in and immediately bounced back out. That would point to a PHP sessions problem.

Great, would the best solution be to replace the database to a previously backed up fully functioning version and carry on from there?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If it is a sessions issue it is your host you need to talk to, replacing the database won't help.