Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Reorder Regions

Suffice as the subject states, is there any way to do this?

I would like to have regions follow the actual flow of the HTML content being generated, not least the order of .html templates being called from within Perch via PHP.

In other words, the order of my perch_content_create() statements is not being respected, and nor is the order in which they are instanced, i.e. via php perch_content_custom()

I hope I have made my concerns and or requests clear.

Garth Holmes

Garth Holmes 0 points

• 4 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Garth, there is a feature in the 2.9 pipeline to introduce re-ordering of regions in admin.

Wow, that will make life just so much easier but my personal preference is to simply follow the order of statements in PHP.

How this would work in practice I am not sure since perch_content_create() always comes before perch_content_custom() and these statements could occur in different orders, when compared to each other.

Saying that, simply being able to re-order them could hide poor coding practice but being able to do that (re-order regions) regardless would be a very handy thing as once you've re-ordered your PHP statements, you could then re-order regions in Perch which would enable more interactivity for want of a better term, as well as less confusion but I'm guessing that if 2.9 does what you say that Perch devs have considered this scenario and have decided that for the sake of user friendliness, it is better to allow this flexibility.

Thank you Simon.