Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Prevent Perch Pages Displaying on Blog Post

I've noticed that Perch pages are being listed on any threads I create in the blog section of my site. I have various articles listed under 'Listings posts' in the Perch Admin. Whenever I load one of these articles in the 'posts.php' page, on the left hand side a bullet point appears listing all the pages that are available in Perch Admin under 'Listings pages'. I've checked the settings, and cannot find a way to disable these pages from appearing on the same page as the article. I don't want to display the pages from Perch Admin on these pages. How do I prevent this? Thanks.

stvace77

stvace77 0 points

• 3 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The templates, and pages are completely under your control. As demonstrated in the video tutorial: https://docs.grabaperch.com/video/blog/

If you need further help then you need to post your code, and explain what steps you have followed.

I find that simply referring people to videos - and not even stating which video - to be extremely poor service. You should really have decent documentation available that people can consult for such matters. And provide decent answers to questions instead of palming people off with lazy replies.

As it is, I found the code causing the problem:

<nav class="main-nav"> <?php perch_pages_navigation(array( 'levels'=>1 )); ?> </nav>

It would have been, I'd have thunk, fairly easy for you or some other to point to this code instead of expecting le to trawl through videos.

It's like my other issue, unresolved. Simply directed to watch reams of videos - and the documentation being woefully inadequate (in my opinion). Still, I have watched the videos for my other issue, and have kinda got an idea of what I need to do. It'd have been great for this 'support' to have provided a decent initial reply to the problem - explaining what I needed to do to accomplish my objective - instead of just directing me to watch videos (again, not even being specific - and not even pointing to any documentation). Poor stuff.

I doubt I'll be in touch again, you've really made contacting support of little to no value. I've received your message loud and clear - WATCH VIDEOS FOR SUPPORT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO HELP.

Goodbye.

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

I really don't need to comment here because I think everyone except you realises this, but here it is:

I doubt I'll be in touch again, you've really made contacting support of little to no value. I've received your message loud and clear - WATCH VIDEOS FOR SUPPORT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO HELP.

Rachel offered more help:

If you need further help then you need to post your code, and explain what steps you have followed.

But you seem to be:

1. a poor communicator,
  2. too lazy to read the docs to learn the software you intend to use,
  3. using code without knowing what it does (because of 2).

It would have been, I'd have thunk, fairly easy for you or some other to point to this code instead of expecting le to trawl through videos.

You didn't share your code. No one could point to any part of it.

again, not even being specific - and not even pointing to any documentation

Again, share your code so people can be specific when offering help.

Is this product for only those who know how to code? I may not know it all, only basics, and have gotten a blog up and running - having made clear in previous posts I'm a complete beginner. But I needed specific assistance with a couple of points. Ever time I've been directed to pathetic videos which I have watched several times. I think I have been perfectly clear about the problem, too. Probably you're too dumb to understand what I stated - not that it's any of your business. Please refrain from commenting on any of my posts or comments - not that I will be bothering further as I expect that advice will simply be to 'watch videos'.

If the support staff, or moderators have issue with what I wrote, let them defend themselves. Not some prat who has no business butting his nose into matters that do not concern him.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We certainly have an issue with you speaking to a customer like that. That's not acceptable.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

stvace77 has been banned from the forum - sorry everyone, we can't be tolerating that sort of behaviour.