Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

running perch and wordpress side by side

I have an unusual situation where I am developing a microsite that will be powered by perch, but will link to a wordpress install on the same hosting account.

I attempted to install perch in a sub-folder of the site. It's running php5.5 and meets Perch's specs.

I'm getting the following error when trying to install Perch (access the setup page:

"Warning: require_once(__DIR__/../core/inc/pre_config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/08/5874408/html/millyupton/splash/perch/setup/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/../core/inc/pre_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/08/5874408/html/millyupton/splash/perch/setup/index.php on line 3"

is this essentially a clash with Wordpress? - is there anything I can do about it?

Jon Douglas-Beveridge

Jon Douglas-Beveridge 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't think its anything to do with WordPress.

For some reason the __DIR__ PHP constant isn't being interpreted. Where is it hosted?

Ashamed to say it - GoDaddy. I have just uploaded the Perch compatibility test suite. it seems they are not running php 5.5 as advised, but 5.2.17. I have asked the client to make the re-request to upgrade.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ah, that would cause it! You need at least 5.3.