Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Blog category listing not updating

Hi, I'm having trouble with a listing of blog categories on blog/index.php. I've added categories to the Blog set but when I save first test blog post no categories are listed on the main blog home page. However, when I add a second post, the first post category becomes listed but not the second, and so on as I add posts. Archive by date listing is fine. I've reverted to the example blog/index.php and I still have the same problem. I'm running latest version of Perch and Blog.

Louise Shearer

Louise Shearer 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Could you post your diagnostics?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Louise, it might be worth setting Perch to Development mode.

Blog caches things to be efficient but you can switch this off while developing by adding define('PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE', PERCH_DEVELOPMENT); to perch/config/config.php

I had a similar issue. Try that and see if it helps. (Don't forget to remove it when you go live).

Hi, sorry for such a delayed response.

Simon, thanks for your suggestion – I followed it but issue remains unfortunately.

Drew, please see diagnostics below. Thanks.

Perch: 2.8.25, PHP: 5.5.18, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.25), assets (2.8.25), categories (2.8.25), perch_blog (5.0), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: xxx
PERCH_CORE: xxx
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: xxx
Image manipulation: GD 
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: dc1fef2ad0fcd9f943c02ebb43d85dbc 
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: xxx
HTTP_HOST: xxx