Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Sounds like you have a really messed up install. I'm not sure how to detangle it from here.

Okay - thanks for the help! I'll take a deeper look later today.

Do you think that totally uninstalling the Blog, and then reinstalling it might work? How about just creating the table that the debug is saying is missing?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that might be a good option at this point.

Hi Drew, I've completely uninstalled the app and re-installed but it's made no difference. Any ideas?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is this your dev environment or live?

It's affecting both, but I'm working on the dev.

I've been digging through the Blog app files, and I think I might've found some kind of answer; the newer Blog app seems to use additional columns or omit columns that were there in previous versions - could this be part of the cause? Perch Debug still isn't showing anything out of the ordinary when I try to post a blog, however.

Hi Drew,

any updates on this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's been marked as resolved. Is it not resolved?

It's not resolved, no. The client came back and said it was working, so I marked it as resolved, and then said it was no longer working again.

Is there a way to unresolve threads?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I've now done that.

When you say you completely uninstalled, what steps did you follow?

Great, thanks!

I've removed all of the blog files, and removed it from the apps file - I've not deleted the tables as there are blogs in there.

The trouble is that backing up the table that holds the blogs, removing and then reinstalling it will result in some columns being different (as the blog app we were using was fairly outdated, or at least seems to have used different columns) so it'd be a pain to reimport the data from the backup into the tables that were rebuilt by the new blog installation.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm correct with the column difference.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Right, removing the replacing the files won't do anything - that's just busywork. This issue is the database structure.

If you're unable to replace the tables, the next best thing would be to do a clean install of the latest version into a new database, thanks then compare the tables column by column and bring to the old tables up to date with where they should be.

This is obviously something that the Blog app does itself as you update, but I can't tell you why that's not worked based on the information provided.