Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Members

Secure Downloads: resources folder is not writable

Hi

I'm trying to add secure downloads to a site as per the documentation at https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/members/downloads/

However, when I try to upload a resource/asset to my secure bucket I get the following error:

Your resources folder is not writable. Make this folder (/secure-download.php?file=) writable to upload files.

The relevant folder has been added and the necessary permissions set. Any thoughts? Summary diagnostics added below.

Cheers

Cole

===

Perch: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.5.18, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_members (1.2) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_members' ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/marlowes/perch PERCH_CORE: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/marlowes/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/marlowes/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: local.themarlowes.co.uk DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/marlowes REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Cole Henley

Cole Henley 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How is your bucket configured?

<?php 
    return array(
        'secure' => array(
            'web_path'  => '/secure-download.php?file=',
            'file_path' => '/perch/resources/secure',
        ),
    );
?>
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The file_path needs to be a full file system path, rather than a web path. So from the root of your disk, like /Users/cole/Documents - that sort of thing.

For this purpose it should also be outside your web root.

Fantastic, thanks Drew. That has sorted it - I thought that the file path was relative to the Perch install.

Aware of the security issues with having documents inside the web root but this particular client is on shared hosting so that is not going to be possible in this instance, sadly.

Cheers!