Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The brief preview is client-side before it's been sent to the server.

Normally if there's no error either client side or on the server log, then it means you're hitting some sort of configured limit - like the maximum post size. But you're trying with relatively small images, is that right?

The images I am trying to upload to a small slide show region are small: 11 - 14 KB.

It occurred to me that perhaps the fact that this site has a large background image might be the problem (maxing out allowed size) so I reconfigured that image to 94KB. The images still wouldn't upload to the page (as opposed from the Assets window).

To further test this, I removed the background image completely, saved the style sheet, brought up the site and refreshed - on development, logged back into Perch admin locally, and tried to upload images from the page slideshow region. I was still not able to upload any of these small images from the page on which they should appear.

As there are three other images in other areas on this page I checked to see how large they were. I changed one png file to a jpg dropping its size from 79KB to 11KB. Now here's an interesting thing: I went in to Perch CMS local and deleted the png file. And I WAS able to upload the jpg file from this separate region on the same page.

Thinking that this might have solved the problem, I went back to the slide show region and tried to upload an image. Still not able to do so. So it must have something to do with the slide show region?

Three days ago you asked me this: What changed on the staging site between it working and not working?

Now I realize it was the addition of this small slide show. It didn't occur to me as a new step because of the following:

After building a site I always save a copy of it in its original html version. Then I work instituting Perch which means I have to change the pages to php and work on them in my local MAMP. I always work out the bugs in the html version and when everything looks good, then I make a template based on that and bring it into the perched version. This is the process I went through when adding this little slide show to the page -- which was a late addition at the client's request.

It is the second slide show on the site. The first one is on a different page. I thought I had taken care of any possible problems by making the names of the slide shows different, etc. and it all worked fine in the html version of the site.

Perch has always been able to handle anything I've created in html so I didn't think this would present a problem once I "perched" it.

Does this help? Are there things I should know about multiple slide shows in a perched site?

Hello Drew,

My site is up and working correctly now.

I recoded the newer templates and that got the development site working. I was able to upload from the page, as well as the Asset window. I'm guessing the coding in the first set of new templates wasn't quite right.

I scrapped the staging site and re-uploaded files from the development site. Now all is working well.

Thank you again for your help.