Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Blank screen on login

Hi. Following from advice in earlier thread about paths in dev and final servers, I set up a virtual server locally. The process in Mamp Pro was really quick and easy, BUT, though I can see the site locally, including page with Perch content in a browser, and I can open the Perch login page, when I click the login button I'm presented with a blank page.

Have run the perchtest and it completes successfully.

Peter Hammarling

Peter Hammarling 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What is in your error log? A blank screen means a PHP error is being thrown.

Have tried again to log in and receive the white screen and the most recent error in the Mamp error log says:

[04-May-2015 19:05:24 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/medicarrera.local/perch/config/config.php:69) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/medicar.local/perch/core/inc/top.php on line 16

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Check your config.php file at line 69 - make sure you're not outputting any whitespace.

Yes! Thanks v v much.

I'd put a commented-out reminder to myself after the closing php ?>. The comment had a hard return inside and seeing as I do that in css and html it didn't occur to me that it might cause an error in php.