Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

assets are being uploaded but dont show (are removed)

hi all,

since some hours all files i upload through the assets upload panel are not showing up in the assets panel below (no filters applied). upload-process looks good. all i did since uploads where working fine is changing some of my content-templates (changing the imagewidth value), nothing else. i upgraded to latest version of perch (2.8.4 > 2.8.6) and even installed PHP 5.6 - but no changes.

any idea? to me this is mysterious ;-)

thanks in advance, etienne

PHP log shows this:

06.05.2015 12:24:28 alte-feuerwache.de [client 217.87.113.0] PHP Warning:  move_uploaded_file(): bad type specifier while parsing parameters in /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 770, referer: https://www.alte-feuerwache.de/academy/perch/core/apps/assets/
06.05.2015 12:24:28 alte-feuerwache.de [client 217.87.113.0] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function reindex() on a non-object in /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/core/apps/assets/modes/upload.pre.php on line 38, referer: https://www.alte-feuerwache.de/academy/perch/core/apps/assets/

Perch Diagnostic Report

Perch: 2.8.6, PHP: 5.6.8, MySQL: 5.0.96, with PDO Server OS: SunOS, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.6), assets (2.8.6), categories (2.8.6), perch_blog (4.6), perch_upgrade (1.2), perch_backup (1.2) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /academy/perch PERCH_PATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch PERCH_CORE: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 48M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/strato/http/premium/rid/99/96/539996/htdocs HTTP_HOST: www.alte-feuerwache.de REQUEST_URI: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Etienne Girardet

Etienne Girardet 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you using any custom resource buckets, or just the default?

tried both - same result.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do the files appear to upload despite that error?

yes - the files seem to be uploaded (upload-bar is shown), i think the upload itself is working - but i cant find the files on the server afterwards. and they dont show in the assets panel.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I suspect that this error is meaning that the files never get moved form the server's temp folder:

move_uploaded_file(): bad type specifier while parsing parameters

I can't see anything in your configuration that should cause anything strange to happen. What sort of hosting is this on?

hosting is by STRATO.

everything worked fine yesterday morning around 10 am... the change in behavior happened while i was working on perch content templates and testing upload through the redactor-editor image upload button for the first time. taht didnt work and after that i never could upload any image neither from the assets panel nor from the redactor editor image upload.

hi drew,

after changing some settings on the server (permissions), introducing a /config/bucket.php file with some settings for buckets an removing it again i can now upload and view and use images as before yesterday morning...

working WITH individual buckets is still showing the same problem - i removed them for now, working only with the default bucket.

still strange - but thanks for looking into it, etienne

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Very odd indeed. Keep us updated!