Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

html email templates marked as spam by the hosting server

My hosting mail server is deciding that my autoresponders on my forms are spam and they have aren't getting through to my clients inbox. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to fix any of the below in the context of using Perch Forms?

The below is what I received from my hosting provider:

"The emails generated by your contact form are scoring 5.4 on our spam filters, which is 0.4 above the upper limit that we will relay.

The main reasons for this high spam score are the following:

MIME_HTML_ONLY

The email only has text/html MIME parts and lacks the plain text alternative part.

TO_NO_BRKTS_HTML_ONLY

The To: field in the email isn't formatted correctly, and isn't enclosing the destination email address within <> brackets.

If your software provider can fix just one of those two issues then that will probably be enough to reduce the spam score of the emails to below our maximum threshold."

Thanks!

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 3 years ago

I've used the old defining a different smtp server in the config file trick and it's worked but FYI for anyone else having this issue this is what my hosting server said

"Our spam filtering has to keep updated regularly in order to combat the current trends amongst the spammers. If a particular composition of email is now being more widely used by the spammers than it used to be, then our spam filtering will learn from that and start to penalise emails that conform to those characteristics.

Therefore, emails that might have been cleared for delivery in the past might now be treated as spam as they now more closely resemble current trends.

As I mentioned previously, fixing either one of the two issues I raised should resolve this problem - fixing both would drastically reduce the chances of something like this happening again."

So, it would be a good idea to include multipart emails and a plain text option in the future to combat email templates being marked as spam.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

So, it would be a good idea to include multipart emails and a plain text option in the future to combat email templates being marked as spam.

We do - which version are you on? You've not posted your diagnostics.