Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forms

Upload file issues

Hi there,

A couple of questions regarding file upload.

I have submitted my form successfully to Perch and in the form options have configured my path as:

home/mycompanyname/mysite_uploads/

but am getting the following error message written at the top of the form options area: "The file path home/mycompanyname/mysite_uploads/ is not writable by PHP."

The sidebar advises route to my Perch admin folder as: "/home/mycompanyname/subdomains/mysite.mycompanyname.co.uk/admin" so I believe my folder is in the correct location for uploads (outside of the subdomains folder).

QUESTION 1 - For testing, my accept code is currently set up as - accept="pdf" and I'm testing with a pdf file. I assume I don't need this to be written as applications/pdf?

Though the upload appears to upload, nothing appears in my uploads folder and no error messages as the form comes back with the success message.

QUESTION 2 I found the following link useful, but can't see how to rectify my issue - can anyone assist?

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/10-20-2015-upload-a-file-using-typefile

Please help!

Gary Ward

Gary Ward 0 points

• 5 years ago

Hi Gary,

You need to change the permissions on the folder you are trying to upload the files to, to make it writeable. You can use whatever process you used to make the resources folder writeable when you installed Perch.

All sorted thanks! It was a permission issue.