Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forms

Contact form not showing on page

The contact form is not showing up on my contact.php page. I am using ~~~<?php perch_content('contactform.html'); ?>~~~ on the contact page and contactform.html as the mark up contact page.

Perch Runway: 3.0.5, PHP: 7.1.5, MySQL: 10.0.30-MariaDB, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, litespeed
Installed apps: content (3.0.5), assets (3.0.5), categories (3.0.5), perch_blog (5.5.1), perch_forms (1.9), perch_gallery (2.8.9), perch_kraken (1.1), chirp_seo (1), perch_mailchimp (3.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_mailchimp', 'chirp_seo', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/robertsd/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/robertsd/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/robertsd/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 256M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: robertsdesign.biz
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/robertsd/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
David Roberts

David Roberts 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The first argument to perch_content() is the name of a region, not a file. I think maybe you want the perch_form() function in this case.

Is this the correct path for the contact form? Using template: /addons/apps/perch_forms/templates/forms/contactform.html

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, that's a path to a file within the add-on (which I don't think exists). You'll want to use a path to your own templates folder.

If you enter contactform.html Perch will look for perch/templates/forms/contactform.html

Ok, that's fixed, but when I send a message I do not get the Success message which I have filled out with a message. I get a red block where the form was. (it has a red background)

<perch:success>
            <perch:content id="success" type="textarea" size="m" label="Thank you message" markdown="true" editor="simplemede" required="true" />
  </perch:success>
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you have content in the form you want to manage then you do need to display it as a content region.