Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, Forms

Form Email Forwarding

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the forwarding of my contact form emails. I receive the forms in Perch but they do not make their way to my inbox. I have tried to troubleshoot this by adding in extra SMTP authentication to the config.php and this matches the Form options info I have input in Perch.

define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM', 'info@bubblescreche.ie');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME', 'Fiona');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_METHOD', 'smtp');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_HOST', 'lh234.dnsireland.com');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_AUTH', true);
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_SECURE', 'ssl');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_PORT', 465);
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_USERNAME', 'info@bubblescreche.ie');
    define('PERCH_EMAIL_PASSWORD', '******');

The contact form is at https://bubblescreche.ie/contact-bubbles.php

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks, Orla

Orla Kirwan

Orla Kirwan 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Does email send from the email test under Settings in Perch?

Hi Rachel,

Yes, the email test sends no problem.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you add debug to the page and then let me know what it outputs after you submit the form?

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/debug/

Hi Drew,

Here's the debug message from after form submits:

Debug Message
SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
SELECT * FROM perch2_forms WHERE formKey='contact' LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pagePath='/contact-bubbles.php' LIMIT 1
Invalid address: Marty
INSERT INTO perch2_forms_responses(responseJSON,formID,responseIP,responseSpamData) VALUES('{\"fields\":{\"name\":{\"attributes\":{\"class\":\"u-full-width\",\"type\":\"text\",\"id\":\"name\",\"required\":\"true\",\"label\":\"Name\"},\"value\":\"Marty\"},\"email\":{\"attributes\":{\"type\":\"email\",\"id\":\"email\",\"required\":\"true\",\"label\":\"Email\",\"placeholder\":\"you@email.com\"},\"value\":\"marty@gmail.com\"},\"message\":{\"attributes\":{\"type\":\"textarea\",\"id\":\"message\",\"required\":\"true\",\"label\":\"Message\"},\"value\":\"Testing\"}},\"files\":[],\"page\":{\"id\":\"3\",\"title\":\"Contact Bubbles\",\"path\":\"\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"navtext\":\"Contact Bubbles\"}}','3','37.228.237.3','{\"fields\":[],\"environment\":{\"CONTENT_LENGTH\":\"140\",\"CONTENT_TYPE\":\"application\\/x-www-form-urlencoded\",\"DOCUMENT_ROOT\":\"\\/home\\/bubblesc\\/public_html\",\"GATEWAY_INTERFACE\":\"CGI\\/1.1\",\"HTTP_ACCEPT\":\"text\\/html,application\\/xhtml+xml,application\\/xml;q=0.9,*\\/*;q=0.8\",\"HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING\":\"gzip, deflate\",\"HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE\":\"en-US,en;q=0.5\",\"HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL\":\"max-age=0\",\"HTTP_CONNECTION\":\"keep-alive\",\"HTTP_COOKIE\":\"PHPSESSID=c32d0cf488eec3e9d6929c5d10fefcb5; cmsa=1; __utma=257356184.582834273.1433584764.1433600830.1433613817.3; __utmc=257356184; __utmz=257356184.1433584764.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); __utmb=257356184.1.10.1433613817; __utmt=1\",\"HTTP_HOST\":\"bubblescreche.ie\",\"HTTP_REFERER\":\"https:\\/\\/bubblescreche.ie\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"HTTP_USER_AGENT\":\"Mozilla\\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko\\/20100101 Firefox\\/38.0\",\"PATH\":\"\\/bin:\\/usr\\/bin\",\"PHPRC\":\"\\/home\\/bubblesc\\/public_html\",\"QUERY_STRING\":\"\",\"REDIRECT_STATUS\":\"200\",\"REMOTE_ADDR\":\"37.228.237.3\",\"REMOTE_PORT\":\"8015\",\"REQUEST_METHOD\":\"POST\",\"REQUEST_URI\":\"\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"SCRIPT_FILENAME\":\"\\/home\\/bubblesc\\/public_html\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"SCRIPT_NAME\":\"\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"SERVER_ADDR\":\"78.137.164.234\",\"SERVER_ADMIN\":\"webmaster@bubblescreche.ie\",\"SERVER_NAME\":\"bubblescreche.ie\",\"SERVER_PORT\":\"80\",\"SERVER_PROTOCOL\":\"HTTP\\/1.1\",\"SERVER_SIGNATURE\":\"<address>Apache Server at bubblescreche.ie Port 80<\\/address>\\n\",\"SERVER_SOFTWARE\":\"Apache\",\"UNIQUE_ID\":\"VXM2@U6JpOoAAG5AAF0AAAAM\",\"PHP_SELF\":\"\\/contact-bubbles.php\",\"REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT\":1433614073.2471,\"REQUEST_TIME\":1433614073,\"argv\":[],\"argc\":0}}')
SELECT * FROM perch2_forms_responses WHERE responseID=47 LIMIT 1
No ids to log.
SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/contact-bubbles.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC
Using template: /templates/pages/attributes/seo.html
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

"Invalid address: Marty"

It looks as if you are trying to send the form to the name field rather than an email address.

A case of the answer staring me in the face. Thanks ;-)

It's all sorted now! Orla