Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

new pages and regions showing on PAGES admin page

hi there,

from time to time i see new pages and regions showing on my PAGES admin listing. these are on the root level of my site while the REAL pages are all in a subdirectory (academy). see screenshot.

PAGES admin listing

1. how do these regions get there? i never had these pages sitting on root level.
  2. is it save to delete them via phpmyadmin?

thanks for any advice. etienne

Etienne Girardet

Etienne Girardet 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

They will only get there if the page is at some point accessible from that location. So you should check there is no way to visit the page outside of the subdirectory.

Delete the regions and the page from within Perch, don't change things directly in the database.

thanks rachel. i checked the date when those regions showed up - they are the result of our server-admin doing tests (without letting me know ;-).

one more thing:

i have pages sitting in a subdirectory of my installation: https://www.alte-feuerwache.de/academy/i_aca/2013/20121022buprae/

when accessing the page the region shows in the root level in the PAGES admin.

any idea WHY?

PAGE in frontend with path PAGES admin listing

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you post your diagnostics report?

Perch: 2.8.6, PHP: 5.6.21, MySQL: 5.5.45, with PDO
Server OS: SunOS, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.6), assets (2.8.6), categories (2.8.6), perch_blog (4.6), perch_upgrade (1.2), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /academy/perch
PERCH_PATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch
PERCH_CORE: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 48M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.alte-feuerwache.de
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/strato/http/premium/rid/99/96/539996/htdocs
SCRIPT_NAME: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Perch and Blog are very out of date, please update and see if you are still experiencing the issue.

i updated PERCH from 2.8.6 > 2.8.29 and BLOG from 4.6 > 5.0. last update was about a year ago - not THAT much 'out of date', right?

the behavior hasn't changed. still the same as described above. when deleting the region and the page from the PAGES admin listing on root level, the html-file in the subdirectory is deleted.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

i updated PERCH from 2.8.6 > 2.8.29 and BLOG from 4.6 > 5.0. last update was about a year ago - not THAT much 'out of date', right?

We only support the latest version of our software. There are hundreds of fixes and updates between those versions.

the behavior hasn't changed. still the same as described above. when deleting the region and the page from the PAGES admin listing on root level, the html-file in the subdirectory is deleted.

Can we see your updated Diagnostics Report please?

i understand. will update more regularly.

Perch: 2.8.29, PHP: 5.6.21, MySQL: 5.5.45, with PDO
Server OS: SunOS, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.29), assets (2.8.29), categories (2.8.29), perch_blog (5.0), perch_upgrade (1.2), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /academy/perch
PERCH_PATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch
PERCH_CORE: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /mnt/web6/a3/96/539996/htdocs/academy/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 48M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.alte-feuerwache.de
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/strato/http/premium/rid/99/96/539996/htdocs
SCRIPT_NAME: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /academy/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Remove the regions you don't want and let us know if they come back again.

Remove the regions you don't want and let us know if they come back again.

i dont understand.

there is no region i dont want.

the problem is that the PAGE containing the region is not showing in the CORRECT position in the PAGES admin listing. the other pages in that section show insinde "FOTOS" folder, but this page shows on level above (see screenshots in earlier post).

it is not THAT important - i can live with it for now - was just wondering if you could think of a simple thing that i am doing wrong

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are these pages accessible through any other URL?

no - the page is only accessible through this URL.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do the pages ever appear in the desired location?

in the admin listing this page is NEVER showing in the desired location. other pages (copied from the same html-template) DO show up as desired (in the folder FOTOS, which is the mother-page where all these other photo-pages are accessed from).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to move it there?

ai - never tried that - but yes: i can reorder pages and move it to its desired location ;-) that helps. still strange it showed up on the upper level in the first place ... but anyway

thanks.