Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Missing Buckets in Assets App (Perch 2.5)

I've got four buckets that are currently in use by templates (and contain active resources) - named 'home-grid', 'news', 'talent-gallery-images' and 'talent-profile-images' - I have verified that these exist and contain assets. However, in the new Assets app in Perch 2.5, I can only select 'Home-grid', 'News' and 'Default' in the Bucket drop down menu.

Is there anything I need to do to make these buckets appear; or is it possibly an issue with the 2 hypens in use in the folder names?

Alex Lewer

Alex Lewer 3 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do they exist in your bucket list file?

Hi Drew,

I'm not using a bucket list file as I thought it was only required if I needed to use a file path that differed from the web path. Is that not the case? The buckets are defined inline in the template tags.

Alex

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So the list actually comes form the database - if you have an asset that is logged within the bucket, it should be showing up in the list.

Hi Drew,

Sorry for the massive delay in getting back to you on this -- I think i've discovered the underlying issue after a bit of digging (issue hasn't resolved by upgrading to 2.5.4).

I had a quick look into the _resources table in the DB, and i've noticed that the resourceBucket column is truncating some of my bucket names - specifically the ones that are missing in the drop down (talent-profile-images has become talent-profile-i). The resourceBucket column is defined as a CHAR 16.

Is there a limit to the bucket name length?

Alex

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, it's 16 characters, as per the docs: https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/resources/buckets/