Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Events

Events app displaying tags

Hi, sorry about the Subject I'm not really sure how to condense the problem.

I'm working in with Events app to produce a booking calendar here: https://easttrees.kubiaktest.co.uk/book-a-room/

I'm trying to create a fancybox window that pops up with the description inside but the description displays it formatting tags.

Here's my code:

event.html

<div class="vevent">
    <h2 class="summary"><perch:events id="eventTitle" /></h2>

<p class="dtstart"><span class="value-title" title="<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="c" />"><perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="%c" /></span></p>

<div class="description"><perch:events id="eventDescHTML" type="textarea" html="false" editor="ckeditor" required="false" /></div>

<p class="category"><perch:events id="category_names" encode="false" /></p>

<perch:events id="identifier" type="text" label="Identifier" required="true" title="false" help="This is a one word unique identifier and will enable the link to recognised which piece of description text to display when clicked. It must be unique and it must be all lower case and can only include - or _." />
</div> 

events-day.html

<perch:before>
    <div class="eventwrap">
    <span class="day"><span class="circle"><perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="j" /></span></span>
</perch:before>

<div class="vevent event">
    <span class="time dtstart">
    <span class="value-title" title="<perch:events id="eventDateTime" format="c" />"></span> 
    </span>
    <perch:if exists="eventDescHTML"><a class="fancybox" href="#<perch:events id="identifier" />"></perch:if>
    <span class="summary <perch:events id="category_slugs" />"><perch:events id="eventTitle" /></span>
    <perch:if exists="eventDescHTML"></a></perch:if>
    <div id="<perch:events id="identifier" />" style="width:600px; display:none;">
        <perch:events id="eventDescHTML" />
    </div>
</div>
<perch:after></div></perch:after>

what do you think the problem might be? I'm sure it's probably something simple I'm just not seeing.

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think you need to set html="true" as the content contains HTML.

Oh, I've tried both html="true" and html="false" and it's still not working. It's set to true now.

If it helps, it's actually working on the services page.

Oh don't worry. It's suddenly started working, maybe it wasn't refreshing properly.

Thanks Drew!

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No problem!

(I see you're local to us - I cycled past your offices this morning.)