Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Perch Shop and Functionality

Hi Guys,

I know the Perch shop is not fully released yet, but I have a potential project coming up. I wanted to ask if you had an rough idea when it might be released? But also wanted to ask about some specific functionality.

The site I would be building would need functionality of an catalogue but not of an eCommerce (as in actually purchasing). I know that Perch could handle many of the features and functionality required, but I am not so sure about a few...

Would it be possible to create different price bands that are used/displayed based on different users being logged in. So for example there would be three price bands and a member/user would be assigned to show one of these? I think this is possible using the members and perch apps already.

Would it be possible to apply price increases across the whole shop (say 10%) or across a specific category or specific price bands (or a combination of).

Advanced filtering and searching, again i think can be handled by existing search filters.
One specific would be dynamic in choosing options on page (filter) and the products are shown/hidden as required.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry Upton

Terry Upton 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you aren't doing ecommerce then you would be better to approach this with Runway Collections. The Members App should allow you to tag people as seeing one price or another.

It seems an unnecessary overhead to introduce Moltin (which the Perch Shop uses) if you are not selling online.

OK I agree. I had that in mind but was concerned about the price increasing function as client stressed this was important. I've not used Runway before so apologies if this does things I have asked.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The Members App would be the thing to use to do the pricing stuff, you'd just set the price variations up for each product - a product being an item in a Collection. The filtering etc. should be straightforward if you are using Collections.

Sorry I meant in regards to updating prices per product like this...

Would it be possible to apply price increases across the whole shop (say 10%) or across a specific category or specific price bands (or a combination of).

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't see a reason this couldn't be done at the point the item is displayed.

Quick hijack! I do have a project currently running Perch that want to add e-commerce. The client loves Perch and I'd like to use the Perch Shop instead of switching them to Opencart. How's the Beta coming along?