Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

Warning message during perch setup...

Hi there,

I've just bought a new license, added domain details in my account and downloaded the perch folder, I've dragged the perch folder out of the downloaded perch_v2.6 and put in my main directory and proceeded to localhost/sitename/perch and I was greeted with the perch setup however at the top of the page it had the following warning message...

Notice: Use of undefined constant PERCH_LICENSE_KEY - assumed 'PERCH_LICENSE_KEY' in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/inc/loader.php on line 26

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/inc/loader.php:26) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/inc/loader.php:26) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

What is it and what have I done wrong, this isn't the first time I've setup perch on one of my sites and I'm doing the same thing as I have so not sure if its a problem with my license or something. If you could help asap that would be great.

Many thanks,

David

David Springate

David Springate 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What happens if you go to /perch/setup/ ?

Sorry mis-wrote in my question, i get that error above when i go to localhost/sitename/perch/setup

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I see what you mean. Quick work around, put this in your config.php file:

<?php
    define('PERCH_LICENSE_KEY', '');

I have just done that and all that has changed is that the first warning message:

Notice: Use of undefined constant PERCH_LICENSE_KEY - assumed 'PERCH_LICENSE_KEY' in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/inc/loader.php on line 26

has changed to...

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/places/perch/core/inc/loader.php on line 27

??

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Brilliant. Sorry about this. I've patched it for 2.6.1 already. Try this:

<?php
    define('PERCH_LICENSE_KEY', 'P');

or alternatively, paste in your license key!

That's the one, added my license key in instead of P. So it won't be an issue when you push the next update, cool.

Thanks for your help Drew!