Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Installation

Perch Upgrade App

I am aware that the Upgrade App is no longer officially supported. I am in the process of upgrading a site for a client from V1. Everything is set to go per the upgrade instructions, but when clicking on the Upgrade app in perch, all it displays is 'Upgrading a site'. When I visit the actual site, I am seeing the below error.

Warning: include(/home/rivera14/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/runtime.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/core/inc/apps.php on line 22

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/rivera14/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/core/inc/apps.php on line 22

Is there anyway to still upgrade from V1 to V2? What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ross Smith

Ross Smith 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this file in place?

perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/runtime.php

No it is not. I redownloaded the upgrade app again and it is not in there. Are there any contents of this file or is it a blank on that If i add, will allow the app to work?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Oh, of course. There's no need for it. Have you mistakenly added the Upgrade app to your config/apps.php file? If so, remove it.

Yes I did add it to the apps.php file and it has now been removed. I was under the assumption it behaved just as the other apps. The documentation for the upgrade app is not listed from what I was seeing so was feeling my way around in the dark.

I'm still only seeing the 'Upgrading a site' when clicking on the Upgrade App inside of perch.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What's in your error log?

I'm not seeing an error log. Below is the information from the diagnostics report (extended).

Perch: 2.8.11 Production mode: Production (100) Installed apps: content (2.8.11), assets (2.8.11), categories (2.8.11), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_upgrade (1.6) DB driver: PDO DB tables: perch2_categories, perch2_category_counts, perch2_category_sets, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_forms, perch2_forms_responses, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_settings, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users Users: 1 App runtimes:

<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'categories',
        'perch_forms',
    );

Editor plug-ins: markitup
H1: 57e96f2848342caee4179046086029b0
L1: 1cd85573f9b5efeeeefb8d8d1eaeddc5
headerColour: #ffffff
content_singlePageEdit: 1
helpURL:
siteURL: /
hideBranding: 0
content_collapseList: 1
lang: en-gb
update_2.8.11: done
latest_version: 2.8.8
on_sale_version: 2.8.11
PERCH_DEVELOPMENT: 10
PERCH_STAGING: 50
PERCH_PRODUCTION: 100
PERCH_DB_USERNAME: rivera14_muncie
PERCH_DB_SERVER: localhost
PERCH_DB_DATABASE: rivera14_adminv2
PERCH_DB_PREFIX: perch2_
PERCH_TZ: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM: ross@r36designs.com
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME: Ross Smith
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/rivera14/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/resources
PERCH_RESPATH: /perch/resources
PERCH_HTML5: 1
PERCH_DEBUG: 1
PERCH_RUNWAY:
PERCH_ERROR_MODE: DIE
PERCH_DATE_LONG: %d %B %Y
PERCH_DATE_SHORT: %d %b %Y
PERCH_TIME_SHORT: %H:%M
PERCH_TIME_LONG: %H:%M:%S
PERCH_PREVIEW_ARG: preview
PERCH_TEMPLATE_PATH: /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/templates
PERCH_DEFAULT_DOC: index.php
PERCH_DEFAULT_EXT: .php
PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE: 100
PERCH_RWD:
PERCH_HTML_ENTITIES:
PERCH_SSL:
PERCH_STRIPSLASHES:
PERCH_PROGRESSIVE_FLUSH: 1
PERCH_AUTH_PLUGIN:
PERCH_DB_CHARSET: utf8
PERCH_DB_PORT:
PERCH_DB_SOCKET:

Hosting settings

PHP: 5.3.29
Zend: 2.3.0
SAPI: cgi-fcgi
Safe mode: not detected
MySQL client: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Id: 731e5b87ba42146a687c29995d2dfd8b4e40b325 $
MySQL server: 5.6.23-log
Extensions: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, hash, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, SPL, iconv, session, intl, json, mbstring, mcrypt, standard, mysqlnd, mysqli, mysql, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, pspell, Reflection, imap, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, SQLite, exif, tidy, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cgi-fcgi, htscanner, mhash, ionCube Loader, Zend Guard Loader
GD: Yes
ImageMagick: No
PHP max upload size: 128M
PHP max form post size: 128M
PHP memory limit: 512M
Total max uploadable file size: 128M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
Session timeout: 24 minutes
Native JSON: Yes
Filter functions: Yes
Transliteration functions: No
CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/rivera14/public_html
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/rivera14/public_html
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-US,en;q=0.5
HTTP_CONNECTION: keep-alive
HTTP_COOKIE: __utma=101711618.1997575932.1439933277.1440035328.1440075621.4; __utmc=101711618; __utmz=101711618.1439933277.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); PHPSESSID=ea7e1a6e4dfe0257a660d5e26fd7c218; cmsa=1
HTTP_HOST: riveranimal.com
HTTP_REFERER: https://riveranimal.com/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
PATH: /bin:/usr/bin
QUERY_STRING: extended
REDIRECT_STATUS: 200
REMOTE_ADDR: 50.79.63.217
REMOTE_PORT: 16030
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
REQUEST_SCHEME: http
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/?extended
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/rivera14/public_html/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
SERVER_ADDR: 173.205.127.190
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@riveranimal.com
SERVER_NAME: riveranimal.com
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
UNIQUE_ID: VdXhm63Nf74AACyfyNAAAAAF
PHP_SELF: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_TIME: 1440080283
argc: 1

Was thinking through this, and just wanted to confirm that the V2 install is supposed to use a new database instead of the one being used in V1?

Is there anyway you could send me a link to the documentation for the Upgrade App?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It generally uses the same database, but prefixes the tables differently.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/upgrading-perch/upgrading-from-perch-1/

Ok. Should I change the V2 to use the same database then? Per those instructions, it said install V2 as a new install so I created a new database for it to pull from.

Any ideas as to what step I'm going wrong at?

So I solved the issue. I guess I misunderstood the instructions for upgrading. Instead of installing V2 as a fresh 'new' install complete with a new database, I needed to use the existing database credentials that V1 was using. After making the DB updates in the config of V2 and then conducting the setup process again, the three import buttons appeared and the site is now upgraded.

I appreciate the quick responses by both Drew and Rachel! You both have created a great product that I've used on over 10 projects and have referred to many other developer friends of mine. Keep up the good work and thanks again!!