Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Forms

Contact Form Results -- can they be emailed to the Client?

I am working in perch_v2.6.3 and using the Form app and operating in HTML5.

Is it possible to have the results of a contact form emailed to the Client as opposed to just stored in the admin section?

I see where the Client can create an automatic response to be emailed to the individual filling out the form but I am interested in having the filled out contact form information emailed to the Client.

I thought perhaps the email address in the config.php would take care of this but I haven't seen it addressed.

Thanks, once again, for your excellent help!

Kimberly Olmsted

Kimberly Olmsted 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Yes, set this up under Settings in the Perch Admin.

Hi Rachel,

Could you be more specific please?

I put my own email address in the Admin: Settings / Email/ Test email settings / email field and it came to me just fine.

I would like to test the contact form in the same way. What link am I missing?

I thought I would find one in Apps/Forms/Contact(the name of my form)/ Form Options -- but it's not there. That is unless I am misunderstanding what is meant by "send response via email." I took this to mean send a response to the individual who filled out the contact form. Does it mean send the form response to the Client?

Where do I tell the form to send its results to a specific email address?

Thank you in advance.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No, send response by email means send it to the admin email. Have you tried it and this is not working?

https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/forms-app/usage/

Perch can send the form responses including any attachments as an email. Set the addresses, introductory text and subject of the email here [on the settings page]. You will need a functioning mailserver for email to work.

Thanks Rachel.

As soon as I checked the box and filled in my address it worked fine. I just misunderstood what was meant by the labels.

Thanks you very much!