Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Region name not collapsing/expanding when clicked if divider-before attribute us...

Hi, I have an issue where if I use a divider-before attribute on a field then when I am in the admin area editing that region the default region name divider at the top of the page doesn't expand or collapse the content when clicked, the arrow moves to indicate the fields have been collapsed or expanded but nothing else happens. It looks as though if I use a divider-before attribute then that content is removed from the parent region divider and that parent region divider then does nothing.

It's not a huge problem, but I'm concerned this will confuse the client and make the system seem a bit broken when it comes time to switch over management of the system to them - does anyone know how I might go about fixing this issue?

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew Coe

Andrew Coe 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The arrow should collapse any content between that bar and the next divider or repeater.

Is that not what's happening?

Thanks Drew, All the dividers I am adding work perfectly, but the divider that is added by default with the region name does nothing, it contains nothing, all the other dividers sit outside that divider. This problem only occurs if I add my own dividers, the default divider works fine on regions with no other dividers added.

What it ends up looking like on some of my regions is there’s a divider at the top of the page that does nothing, it looks like it should be expanding like the other dividers but it doesn’t. I think it makes the region seem confusing and the interface slightly broken. Is there someway I can make the default region name divider either not show or make it contain the content of the region even if I use my own dividers?

Hopefully I’ve explained it clearly enough. As I said it’s not a huge problem but I’d like to neaten up these regions if I can.

Cheers, Andrew

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So have you added a divider as the first thing in the item region?

Yep the first field has a divider. Seems like the top divider should contain everything since it has the name of the region, but I’m thinking it doesn’t contain fields after another divider, right?

So nothing I can do to neaten it up other than remove a few dividers?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the first field has a divider, you'll end up with two dividers stacked, which is a bit redundant.