Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Deleting Assets (user roles)

Hi guys

Which user roles must be checked to allow a "user role" to delete assets?

There is an option for "upload an asset", and that successfully allows one of my custom user roles to upload an asset.

But that option still doesn't allow them to delete assets.

Help :)

Jono Bouwmeester

Jono Bouwmeester 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Only the primary admin can delete assets.

So when I hand this site over to my client, we'll have to share a login?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Why do they need to delete assets? Any unused assets will automatically get cleaned up once they fall out of use.

I've got a client who wants to delete assets too. I told her they'd be cleaned up automatically if:

• they're not in use in any content
  • haven't been marked as a library assets and
  • are more than 24 hours old

The problem is, they're not disappearing automatically even though they fulfil all 3 criteria…

I'm facing the same issue.

A client wants to delete unused assets, i first told them they would by automatically deleted if unused, but they aren't.

Is there any way for clients to delete assets? Or at least coming soon?

I've created a work around for this by creating a new privilege. Use at your own risk:

In your perch2_user_privileges table create a new row with privKey value: assets.delete privTitle value: Delete assets privOrder value: 2 privID is an auto increment field so you can leave that blank.

Now you can assign "Delete assets" as a role just like other user roles.

Nice! Sounds like a good solution! I'd be wary of any unforeseen knock-on effects so would prefer to avoid it in production. Would be great if it could be built into Perch core though. Are there any plans for this, Drew?