Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Hosting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_layout()

Has anyone seen this before? I'm putting a site live from a test site, works perfectly on the test site but live it displays the following: Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_layout() in /home/wringgroup/public_html/index.php on line 2 on every page.

Line two is <?php perch_layout('global.header'); ?> and I've checked the files and they are all there. I can log in to perch with no problem so it doesn't appear to be a database problem.

Any help would be great.

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If it's working fine locally then it could be something like a missing file. How are you deploying?

I've copied all of the files off the test site and straight onto the live server. I've checked at all the templates are there and they are. I then exported the test database and imported it to the new MySQL db on the live hosting server. Everything in the back end is there and working perfectly. The only thing that's happened which is slightly different to what I usually do is I've had to get a third party who are in charge of the Domain name to amend the DNS records in order to point the domain to the new hosting server. I assuming that has nothing to do with it?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It would be worth reuploading the perch/core folder to be sure.

Looks like the runtime.php didn't copy over properly. Thanks Drew!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're not FTPing with Dreamweaver are you? That's often the culprit!