Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Viewing order details

How can you view order details for orders which are still processing or are cancelled? Only paid orders seem to have a link to order details on the order overview page on /perch/addons/apps/perch_shop_orders/?

Benjamin Verkleij

Benjamin Verkleij 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The listing should include any orders that hit the paid status and above. If an order never gets to level 100, it won't show up. (You'll get lots of those.)

Hi Drew,

I think you're misunderstanding me. I understand 'created' order don't show up in the order overview, but the orders i'm referring to, do show up in the overview, for example cancelled orders. But only the orders with a paid status have a link to their order details page.

So multiple orders show up on the /perch/addons/apps/perch_shop_orders/ order overview, but only the Paid orders are clickable to their respectable details page as in /addons/apps/perch_shop_orders/order/?id=XXX. Which means i can't see the content of orders which are cancelled or are processing.

Here's what i mean: https://s29.postimg.org/ehn18uuon/overview.png

Only the Paid status orders have a link to the details, the other orders can't opened, even though their status is above 100.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you know why those orders don't have invoice numbers?

Because an invoice should only be created when an order is payed/completed, not when it's still being processed by the payment provider, so then we update the order status to 'processing'. Our payment provider will hit a webhook when the payment is verified, we'll then update with perch_shop_complete_payment(); but before that happens we'll need to be able to view the order content.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok - what sort of provider takes that long? (Trying to fully understand the requirement rather than just patch a hole)

Depends on the payment method, when a customer uses regular bank transfer, payment confirmation can take 3 to 4 working days, but other payment methods are instant.

But imho whatever the status, invoice number shouldn't be a factor in wether or not one can view order details, a simple solution would be to add the order ID in the overview table and make it linkable to the details page.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Well, no, that's just a bug where the invoice number is the link - so if there's no invoice number the link doesn't display. You can view the details, they're just not linked to.

Exactly how can i view the order details right now then? If there's no invoice number?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There needs to be a link, but accessing the URL isn't prohibited. I've logged it!

Ok thanks.