Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Can I provide access, or continue support for this some other way? My client is getting irritated by the slow performance of the site.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, I'll need some sort of access - otherwise I'm just making blind guesses. Can you send me a copy of the database?

Yes, do I send it to support@grabaperch.com? I actually sent it back on 12/16, subject is "Perch to Runway upgrade more than doubled DB size". I can resend if needed. Just let me know what other access you need. Thanks Drew.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, got it, thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Looks like you've got a duff index. Try these two statements on your dev site and see if they make an improvement.

ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` DROP INDEX `idx_uni`;

ALTER IGNORE TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `idx_uni` (`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`);

Here was the output:

12:27:47    ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` DROP INDEX `idx_uni`  1480855 row(s) affected Records: 1480855  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0    4.891 sec

12:28:27    ALTER IGNORE TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `idx_uni` (`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`)  1480855 row(s) affected Records: 1480855  Duplicates: 1446835  Warnings: 0  10.266 sec

Regions seem to be saving much faster now! The site seems to be functioning normally. Any possible side effects I should watch out for?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That cleared up 1.4 million duplicate rows, so it should be faster.

The data was redundant, so you should be fine.

Awesome, thank you Drew! Do you think this was caused by PHP out-of-memory errors when images that are too large choke the image resizer?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, it was an issue with the index on the table - I'm not sure why it wasn't unique, but it should be fine now.