Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Updating to Blog App 5.0 from 4.6

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my blog app and I was wondering what the best way was to do this. I saw this thread (https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/10-23-2014-update-blog) stating that the perch_blog folder is just the application so I uploaded the perch_blog folder to my server and noticed that my styles had disappeared from my blog posts.

I then realised it's because the templates have different classes/ id's so i'm wondering what's the best way to do this whilst keeping my styles. Would it be advised to reupload my edited templates?

Diagnostic Report

Perch: 2.8.20, PHP: 5.6.16, MySQL: 5.5.32, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.20), assets (2.8.20), categories (2.8.20), perch_blog (4.6)
App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/categories/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/zurimaga/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/zurimaga/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/zurimaga/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: zurimagazine.com
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/zurimaga/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Nathaniel Nwosu

Nathaniel Nwosu 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Your edited templates will be in /perch/templates/blog so won't be affected by upgrading the app.

Hi Drew,

So for some reason, my templates are in /perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/templates/blog and i do not have a blog folder within /perch/templates/.

Please advise

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You should not edit the default blog templates. The instructions explain that you need to copy the folder into perch/templates/blog and edit them there. You should never change anything inside an app.

Copy your templates out now so they are in the right location, and upgrade the blog.

Ahh thank you, I've done that now and everything is perfect. Thank you